Do you have a question, comment, or problem? Here's how you can contact me.

E-Mail: ruth.ackiv@gmail.com

Looking for Something?

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thessalonians: conclusion (Part 2.6)

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write.


Why would it make such a big difference if say Timothy had written this letter? The facts are hard to gather on this one, but I think knowing that since Paul wrote it, he would know everything enclosed in the letter. Also, Paul tells most people that he'll write them and just because the scripture in acts does say nothing about him doing so, doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
And the best example and I an think of is, what if your mom said she'd write you a letter when you left for a trip. A week later, you get a nice long letter and at the end, it says, "Sorry your mom couldn't write this letter, she was busy.
I'm sure you'll understand.
Bob."
I personally wouldn't be to happy to hear my mom didn't write the letter.
Now back to Paul, he wanted them to know that he took the time to write this letter and not hear he jotted down a few notes for Bob to turn into a letter.


The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.


1 Thessalonians Part 1
2 Thessalonians Part 1
2 Thessalonians Part 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors