Do you have a question, comment, or problem? Here's how you can contact me.

E-Mail: ruth.ackiv@gmail.com

Looking for Something?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fear and Dread

The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands.
Genesis 9:2

God put fear into animals, when he was talking to Noah, that is what he said. That implies fear wasn't there before. That means that animals did not fear humans before the flood, if you go back and read the curse that God put on Adam and Eve, it talks nothing of animals dreading and fearing humans.
God cursed humans then, and I think the fear he gave them is for their own good. God also talked about them eating animals.
All that I'm stating is MY opinion. If you have a different idea about what this means, then tell me by commenting.
I think this verse is talking about God striking fear into animals, but most people I've talked to and most think that animals started fearing people soon after the fall. Sure God killed a lamb right after Adam and eve sinned, but it never says anything about animals having fear until now, people just assume, I assumed that too, but is animals were already fearful, what could this mean?
Noah did pack up two of every animal in a huge ark and ride out a flood before this. Another option is that God was saying "I made it so that all these animals wouldn't fear you, but now they will be fearful AGAIN." This option means that animal were fearful before and God took that fear away only for the ark and God was tell Noah it wouldn't stay like that.
What do you think? I have a poll set up above this post so that you can vote for what you think, I want to hear you opinion, also please comment. This is an interesting verse that can bring lots of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors