Do you have a question, comment, or problem? Here's how you can contact me.

E-Mail: ruth.ackiv@gmail.com

Looking for Something?

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Without Excuse

6260723020_d9076a0068
I think pretty much everyone hates excuses. We can make excuse now, but when God judges us after our death, there are no excuses

Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Romans 1:32

A few posts ago, I wrote on what the bible says about homosexuality. When I read over that post a few days ago, this last verse stuck out to me. Particularly the first part, "Although they know God’s righteous decree..." 
Early in this chapter, Paul writes this famous verse:

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Roman 1:20

So pretty much, Romans one is telling us that God is not one for excuses. When we die, no one is going to get to heaven by excuse (Luke 14:16-20) because we all know. No one needs to read the bible to know who God is. And no one has to read the bible to know what sin, or that it's wrong.
Then there are excuses we might try to make after we've come to Christ, but there are tons of excuses that are mentioned all throughout the bible, including these:

  1. I'm not good enough (Exodus 4:10-17)
  2. I'm to good to do that (2 King 5:1-14)
  3. They won't listen (Ezekiel 2:1-7)
  4. It wasn't me, it was _____ (Genesis 3:9-13) (1 Samuel 15:17-21)
  5. Maybe tomorrow... (Proverbs 27:1)
People all over the bible make excuses time and time again and God is always shown to despise them. I think it's safe to say we all struggle with making excuse. I know I do.
But excuses go against the bible. They allow us to think that we can get away with things when really, we can't. On day, all of us will stand before God and all the excuses we've made will be worthless. Only Jesus can excuse our sin.
So stop with the excuses. You are capable of anything God calls you to do! 

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Photo Credit:

http://simplechristianthoughts.com/without-excuse/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors