Do you have a question, comment, or problem? Here's how you can contact me.

E-Mail: ruth.ackiv@gmail.com

Looking for Something?

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Galatians: Christ's Servant (Part 2)

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Galatians 1:6-7

The are so many false gospels in the world today. Much like in Galatia, people are perverting the gospel. One widely used one is when your a Christian, life is all good things because a God who loves us wouldn't send us any hard times.
There are dozens of verses that say otherwise, though. A few examples being James 1:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:4, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, and 2 Timothy 3:12.
There are so many false gospels out there, just as there were when Paul wrote this letter to the Galatians.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
Galatians 1:8-9

The bible is very clear on this: if you pervert the gospel, you will be cursed. That means you must be careful. Not to the extent that you never say anything about the gospel ever, but just make sure the bible is in line with your personal views. As I write post for my blog, I try to make sure I am not distorting the scriptures. In Acts, Paul has something to say about distorting word:

I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.
Acts 20:29-30

Based on this and other passages, I can conclude that the curse is more oriented towards people who go out with the mindset to distort God. Don't oppose God. Curses are real.

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10

Paul brings up the fact that he is on God side, which poses this question: are you on God's side or man's? Are you looking for approval from God or approval from man? There is no in between the lines here, it impossible to serve two masters much like Jesus says in Mathew,

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Mathew 6:24

Though Jesus was referring to serving money, the same idea applies. You cannot serve both God and Man. Paul says it best.


If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Previous
Next (Coming Soon!)

Photo Credit:
http://defendingcontending.com/2010/04/02/but-christ-is-risen-from-the-dead-1st-corinthians-151-58/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors